Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
Aug 3, 2020
* WhatsApp now supports animated stickers. You can find the first set of new animated packs in the sticker store.
* Added support for QR codes so you can quickly add contacts and businesses without typing in a phone number. Tap the ‘QR’ icon in Settings to get started.
Ok so I generally love the app. But with the new update came something peculiar about the voice message. Now you can keep listening to the voice even if you turned off the phone or switched to another app, but the catch is that if you’re listening to music and you start to listen to a voice the music doesn’t start automatically after you’re done listening to the voice. Now you have to enter the music app and press play so you can keep listening to the song. I don’t really like that. Another thing I don’t like is that if you take out the read receipts you can’t see if someone saw your status. And that’s really frustrating because you took out the read receipts so no one in the CHATS could see if you saw their text. Not for the status. I would really appreciate it if you took out those two things. Please and thank you!
Great app. Couple recommendations!!
This app has so far been very useful and reliable for me. I would absolutely love to see a couple features added that I believe wouldn’t be too difficult! If you can add a feature to give the option for speeding up the playback of long voice messages that would be amazing! I am getting this app to replace Voxer, which now has way too many bugs to even reasonably try to use for professional applications anymore. We use these apps to have a group chats active for our studio that we run. So far this app is very solid and working great, but I do really miss the ability to speed up those long messages, as we are using it primarily for voice since the subject matter we discuss in these groups is often too much to type.
Also in a group chat, it would be excellent if there were notifications right in the chat window to let you know who has seen the message and who has not seen the message, like the way Facebook messenger/Voxer does. I know you can access that information but it’s in a sub menu and not something you can just see at a glance.
Just thoughts and recommendations on things that I feel would round the app out and make it a serious workhorse!! Thanks for the great app otherwise!
Calls are horrible on this one.
I really wish I could give WhatsApp 5stars. It’s the primary way I communicate with family and friends abroad. However, if it wasn’t for my family and friends abroad preferring this app, I wouldn’t use it. Texting is the only good thing about WhatsApp. Calling is terrible. Skype and even Google Hangouts perform better for calling. My advice – use WhatsApp for texting only until it improves users’ calling experience.
An example: My typical experience is a 20-minute call on WhatsApp gets interrupted at least 5 times due to connectivity. That means 5 times in the call, I’ll get a ‘Reconnecting’ message with a beeping sound. If that sounds irritating, it is. I’ve even tried turning off the video hoping that this could improve the connection. But that hasn’t helped. After about 40 minutes, the call drops suddenly. My folks and I now joke that that’s WhatsApp’s way of saying, ‘OK that’s enough.’ Of course, connectivity could be an issue on the user’s end and not necessarily imply that something is wrong with the platform. But as I mentioned above, Skype and other platforms I’ve used on the same network are better at delivering stable calling.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.